screen program information

Gordon Vickers gordon at prls.UUCP
Tue Sep 25 03:49:53 AEST 1990

This is unrelated to the present disscusion, but .....

   From the "For What It's Worth Department":

        Isn't SCREEN great !  I depend upon it everyday.  I only wished
    I had the time to study the source so I could make some changes.
    As I understand it, Screen will only emulate VT100's.  I always thought
    it would be nice if it would just default to what ever type of terminal
    the user had. I often use one or more screens to log onto other computers,
    so VT100 isn't always a good choice.  Ideally, it would be nice if
    terminal type could be set on a per screen baises.

         I have also liked Screen's ability to prohibit most ESC sequences
     from effecting the real terminal, but this is also sometimes a henderance.
     It would be more conviniant to have this capability switched at will
     to effect the currently displayed screen only.

         I wonder if Oliver (the author) is tired of supporting this terrific
     program ?  I wonder if he is tired of getting suggestions ?   He has
     certainly put a lot of time into supporting Screen !   Thanks Oliver !

Gordon Vickers 408/991-5370        {mips,pyramid|philabs}!prls!gordon
Signetics in Sunnyvale,Ca (USA)
Earth is a complex array of symbiotic relationships: Every extinction, whether
 animal, mineral, vegetable, or cultural hastens our own demise.