server under inetd question.

James L Strickland nfs1165 at dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil
Tue Sep 11 07:04:37 AEST 1990

My stream tcp server running fron inetd has a problem with
LOG messages.  They are going over the socket to the client.
I would rather have them written to the selected system log.

I suspect that this has to do with inetd duping the socket
to file descriptors 0, 1, and 2.  I am using error routines
from Stevens book 'UNIX NETWORK PROGRAMMING'.  How can I get
my error messages to the log and what does inetd do with it's
error messages?
James Strickland - Systems Programmer  jstrickland at dsac.dla.mil
Defense Logistics Agency Systems Automation Center (DSAC)
Office of Information System Facilities, AIS Software Division,
Distributed Systems (FSD)  (614) 238-9649  AV 850-9649