Help for a brand new System V administrator...?

Ernest Adams ewadams at netcom.COM
Sat Apr 6 10:54:44 AEST 1991

I'm just installing ESIX (which is approximately ATT UNIX System V 386 3.2)
on my PC clone, and from time to time I find that getty on my virtual
consoles can't spawn a shell -- it says "no space".  Sometimes I have a
shell up but whenever I try to run a command it says "no stack space".
I have 8 megs of memory, which after the kernel is loaded is about 5.9
megs -- maybe I'm running too many daemons? I can't seem to figure out how
to find out how the system is allocating memory.  How do you find that out?
And if you want to change the amount of memory allocated to someone or
something, how do you set that?

--Ernest