Data range used by UUCICO?

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at cs.athabascau.ca
Sat Apr 6 12:56:55 AEST 1991

det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) writes:

>Huh?  I thought that the f protocol merely assumed an error-free connection
>and said nothing about reducing the number of bit per byte, i.e., it is
>still 8-bit.

Then you thought wrong. f is designed to work through PAD's, which don't
usually have the capability of being fully eight bit transparent. So, the
datga gets translated into a printable ASCII character if it isn't one
already. Read the source ...
--
    Lyndon Nerenberg  VE6BBM / Computing Services / Athabasca University
           atha!cs.athabascau.ca!lyndon || lyndon at cs.athabascau.ca
                    Packet: ve6bbm at ve6bbm.ab.can.noam
      The only thing open about OSF is their mouth.  --Chuck Musciano