Type-ahead in unix

Rob McMahon cudcv at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Apr 12 02:41:33 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr10.141518.2135 at software.org> stluka at software.org (Fred Stluka) writes:
>The Apollo DOMAIN systems (running Unix) have a nice solution to this.

I've used it. I *hated* it.  You keep having to scan up and down between the
commands you're typing and their results.  That and the abysmal reaction when
you enter and leave a cbreak/curses application like an editor, or less: when
I leave less, I want the last thing I've been looking at to still be on the
screen, thanks.

Yeuch.

Rob
--
UUCP:   ...!mcsun!ukc!warwick!cudcv	PHONE:  +44 203 523037
JANET:  cudcv at uk.ac.warwick             INET:   cudcv at warwick.ac.uk
Rob McMahon, Computing Services, Warwick University, Coventry CV4 7AL, England