Type-ahead in unix

Jim Rees rees at dabo.citi.umich.edu
Fri Apr 12 22:19:53 AEST 1991

In article <+G-_A&=@warwick.ac.uk>, cudcv at warwick.ac.uk (Rob McMahon) writes:

  [ about the Apollo DM and its pads ]
  I've used it. I *hated* it.  You keep having to scan up and down between the
  commands you're typing and their results.  That and the abysmal reaction when
  you enter and leave a cbreak/curses application like an editor, or less: when
  I leave less, I want the last thing I've been looking at to still be on the
  screen, thanks.

You hated it because you're still thinking of it as a vt100 emulator.  DM
pads are not vt100s.  If you want a vt100, start one up -- I recommend
xterm.