Type-ahead in unix

Martin Golding martin at adpplz.UUCP
Tue Apr 2 05:59:02 AEST 1991

In <7297 at utacfd.UUCP> nomura at meap.uta.edu (S. Nomura) writes:

>I am accustomed to the type-ahead feature of the VAX/VMS.
>Is there any easy way to inplement this in unix ? Thank you.

Boy, are you running on the wrong OS. Our vendor is going to assist
us in re-programming the terminal controller so we can get decent
typeahead, NOBODY has had any other useful suggestions. It's
worthwhile for us because we have lots of these things; otherwise
your choice is pretty much to suffer in silence.

Incomprehensible termio seems to be one of the techniques the gurus
use to keep those obnoxious users off their machines...

Martin Golding                         | sync, sync, sync, sank ... sunk:
Dod #0236                              |  He who steals my code steals trash.
A Poor old decrepit Pick(tm) programmer ... Sympathize at:
{mcspdx,pdxgate}!adpplz!martin or martin at adpplz.uucp