Type-ahead in unix

Malcolm Carlock malc at equinox.unr.edu
Tue Apr 2 10:52:49 AEST 1991

In article <659 at adpplz.UUCP> martin at adpplz.UUCP (Martin Golding) writes:
-In <7297 at utacfd.UUCP> nomura at meap.uta.edu (S. Nomura) writes:
-
->I am accustomed to the type-ahead feature of the VAX/VMS.
->Is there any easy way to inplement this in unix ? Thank you.
-
-Boy, are you running on the wrong OS. Our vendor is going to assist
-us in re-programming the terminal controller so we can get decent
-typeahead, NOBODY has had any other useful suggestions. It's
-worthwhile for us because we have lots of these things; otherwise
-your choice is pretty much to suffer in silence.

Huh??  What are you talking about?  All the Unices I've used, since V7
on a PDP-11 to SunOS 4.1, have had decent type-ahead, so decent in fact
that I've never had to worry about overrunning it.  What manner of Unix
are you guys running, and what applications??

Malcolm L. Carlock                      Internet:  malc at unr.edu
                                        UUCP:      unr!malc
                                        BITNET:    malc at equinox

Malcolm L. Carlock                      Internet:  malc at unr.edu