unwanted control characters in downloads

Christophe Wolfhugel wolf at grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Apr 11 02:55:08 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr9.195318.18030 at rodan.acs.syr.edu> ldstern at rodan.acs.syr.edu (Larry Stern) writes:
>To all: when I download certain files from a Sun/4 (running SunOS 4.1), such
>as a 'man' file, my files contain all the _^H and other sequences used in
>that file. Is there an easy way to eliminate this?

One solution could be to use vi to replace these characters:

vi the_file

^H can be obtained by pressing Ctrl+V and then Ctrl+H. The dor before ^H
indicates that any character before the ^H will also by replaced by
null string.  Hope this helps.

Christophe Wolfhugel (on irc: Zolf)  |  Email: wolf at grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr
INSA Lyon - Departement Informatique |  "Lapalisse au bordel: la duree de"
69621 Villeurbanne Cedex             |  "l'attente est fonction de la longueur"
France                               |  "de la queue."