Type-ahead in unix

Mark Harrison harrison at necssd.NEC.COM
Sat Apr 6 07:43:56 AEST 1991

In article <5930 at tahoe.unr.edu>, malc at equinox.unr.edu (Malcolm Carlock) writes:

> Huh??  What are you talking about?  All the Unices I've used, since V7
> on a PDP-11 to SunOS 4.1, have had decent type-ahead, so decent in fact
> that I've never had to worry about overrunning it.

He might be defining "decent" typeahead as not plopping characters on
the screen as they are typed, but instead buffering them internally and
displaying them only when they would have normally been display.

		Just like MS-DOS :-).
Mark Harrison             harrison at ssd.dl.nec.com
(214)518-5050             {necntc, cs.utexas.edu}!necssd!harrison
standard disclaimers apply...