autoexecution of a program by tty

Bruce Varney asg at sage.cc.purdue.edu
Thu Apr 4 02:07:50 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr3.135455.3191 at athena.mit.edu> jik at athena.mit.edu (Jonathan I. Kamens) writes:
}In article <1991Mar28.143204.27014 at ddsw1.MCS.COM>, ebrill at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Edward Brill) writes:
}|> Is there any way that I can tell xgetty that any connect to an x.25 tty
}|> should automatically run the BBS (or at least a shell program)?  Since all
}|> users have to log in as bbs, I'd rather they be able to skip that step.
}
}  If all the people using the BBS log in as "bbs", then why don't you just
}change the shell field in /etc/passwd for the BBS account so that the shell
}that is invoked automatically when the bbs user logs in is the BBS program?

NONONONONO
That is exactly what he wanted to skip. He wants a way to set it up so
that if you connect to an x.25 tty, you do not have to go through the
login process, but will just be automatically started up in the bbs
program.
Just thought I'd try to explain it a little better.

}Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
						      ^^^^^^
Get out the UShammer!!!
		Bruce
---------
sar.casm \'sa:r-.kaz-*m\ \sa:r-'kas-tik\ \-ti-k(*-)le-\ n [F sarcasme, fr.
   LL sarcasmos, fr. Gk sarkasmos, fr. sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips
   .... ok so you probably know it by now
Courtesy of Bruce Varney           ###               #
aka -> The Grand Master                               #
asg at sage.cc.purdue.edu             ###    #####       #
PUCC                               ###                #