autoexecution of a program by tty

Barry Margolin barmar at think.com
Fri Apr 5 18:57:26 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar28.143204.27014 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> ebrill at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Edward Brill) writes:
>Is there any way that I can tell xgetty that any connect to an x.25 tty
>should automatically run the BBS (or at least a shell program)?  Since all
>users have to log in as bbs, I'd rather they be able to skip that step.

You don't say what flavor of Unix you're using.  SunLink X.25 uses a
configuration file, /etc/sunlink/x25/x29-auth, which allows a program other
than /bin/login to be specified.  The choice of initial program may be
based on the source and/or destination X.121 address or subaddress, using
wildcards.

--
Barry Margolin, Thinking Machines Corp.

barmar at think.com