autoexecution of a program by tty

Edward Brill ebrill at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Mon Apr 8 23:05:53 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr3.135455.3191 at athena.mit.edu> jik at athena.mit.edu (Jonathan I. Kamens) writes:
>In article <1991Mar28.143204.27014 at ddsw1.MCS.COM>, ebrill at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Edward Brill) writes:
>|> Is there any way that I can tell xgetty that any connect to an x.25 tty
>|> should automatically run the BBS (or at least a shell program)?  Since all
>|> users have to log in as bbs, I'd rather they be able to skip that step.
>
>  If all the people using the BBS log in as "bbs", then why don't you just
>change the shell field in /etc/passwd for the BBS account so that the shell
>that is invoked automatically when the bbs user logs in is the BBS program?

I was kinda hoping that it could assume that any connects on xty00 thru
xty3f are BBS connections, and that the user wouldn't even have to face
a login: prompt.  I am getting the feeling that this is basically
impossible.

--
Ed Brill				The Mercury Network /
ebrill at ddsw1.mcs.com			Florists' Transworld Delivery