tar

James Cameron jc at raven.bu.edu
Tue Jun 11 00:57:27 AEST 1991

>>>>> On 10 Jun 91 13:22:43 GMT, gilette at trinidad.inria.fr (Serge Gilette) said:

Serge>   I ftp archives from a site and i need to uncompress them,
Serge> for they are tar file. I tryed to do tar -xf file.tar.Z
Serge> but it gives me tar: directory checksum error (0 != -57),
Serge> and if i use the -i option which is suppose to suppress
Serge> such errors, it gives me a fulle page of errors !
Serge> What shall i do ?

Serge> gilette at trinidad.inria.fr | University of Nice, Cote d'azur, France

	Try this:

% tar xfv filename.tar

	That should do it.

jc

--
					-- James Cameron  (jc at raven.bu.edu)

Signal Processing and Interpretation Lab.  Boston, Mass  (617) 353-2879