fixing a priority to an executable file

Ralph Zazula zazula at soliton.uucp
Sun Jun 2 14:31:05 AEST 1991

Hi,

Is it possible to have a program start with a higher priority when you
execute it from a shell?  Specifically, I'd like to run C-Kermit at a
slightly higher priority (read, it gets MORE CPU time).  I find that
file transfers sometimes fail/abort when I run a CPU intensive process
while C-Kermit is transferring a file.  This is on a 68030 NeXT computer
running NextStep 2.0.  This OS is BSD-ish and built on Mach.

Thanks,
Ralph

   | Ralph Zazula                               "Computer Addict!"        |
   | University of Arizona                 ---  Department of Physics     |
   |   UAZHEP::ZAZULA                            (DecNet/HEPNet)          |
   |   zazula at uazhe0.physics.arizona.edu         (Internet)               |
   |   "You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge."  - Neil Peart    |