UUCP - UUXQT question

Rick Kelly rmk at rmkhome.UUCP
Sat Jun 29 17:50:00 AEST 1991

In article <430 at dogear.spk.wa.us> root at dogear.spk.wa.us (Bob Kirkpatrick) writes:
>A friend of mine asked if I would post a query for him.
>
>He just bought Coherent, which (I guess) is running HDB UUCP. My system is
>running standard UUCP. While all goes fine with mail sent to his Coherent
>system is fine, news is sent to the bitbucket. The errormessage in his logs
>say No permission for Rnews. His system created a directory for my system
>with my systems name, but it also created another directory with my system
>name in truncated form. So he has a directory called dogear, and one called
>doge. (Weird).

1. Coherent does not run HDB UUCP.  It is an older version.

2. Coherent will not except sitenames greater than seven characters.

3. What are the permissions on rnews and who is the owner?

>While he has dogear in the permissions file, UUXQT tries to unbatch as doge
>instead of dogear. Thus, Coherent's XQT doesn't recognize the name, and when
>permission is failed, Coherent then *deletes* the contents of the directory.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions I can pass on?

Have him delete the doge directory.

>Thanks!
>--
>Bob Kirkpatrick (root at dogear.spk.wa.us)
>Dog Ear'd Systems of Spokane, WA 99202.

Let's move this to email. Write to me at one of the addresses at the end of
this article.  I am running Coherent and Cnews here without any problems.

Rick Kelly	rmk at rmkhome.UUCP	frog!rmkhome!rmk	rmk at frog.UUCP