syslog.conf question

Eric Halil eric at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au
Wed Jun 5 16:29:08 AEST 1991

We're running SunOS 4.1 and I've had problems with the syslog.conf file.

When I have the following line in my syslog.conf

    local6.info;local6.err;local6.warning			/some/file

and I try logging to LOG_INFO it doesn't write to /some/file though
both LOG_WARNING and LOG_ERR get logged to /some/file ok.

But, if I have

    local6.err;local6.warning;local6.info			/some/file

they ALL get logged properly to /some/file.

Is this a problem with my conf file configuration, or a bug in syslogd or ...
BTW, I kill -HUP syslogd after making changes to syslog.conf

Thanks,
Eric.
--
Eric Halil                           |Internet/CSnet:         eric at cc.uq.oz.au