GDB question..

Anil Joshi joshi at m.cs.uiuc.edu
Sun Mar 10 03:38:15 AEST 1991

I have a quick question on gdb.

I am compiling my program with -g option set and invoking gdb as follows.

gdb prog core

When I get into gdb and try to examine args/local vars. I am getting a message
saying that the variable is not found in the symbol table. Is'nt -g option
supposed to save the symbol table information for me?

Also, how would one go about getting gdb documentation?

Thanks
Anil
joshi at cs.uiuc.edu
--
"Whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves.  If what
we are now has been the result of our own past actions,then it certainly follows