TALKing to another user

Chris Bovitz moonunit at meteor.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 6 15:05:11 AEST 1991

I've been trying to use talk to talk to someone on another system,
but something's wrong.  When I type "talk user at address", I get the
standard "[No connection yet]", but then it shows "[Checking for
invitation on caller's machine]" and hangs there ad infinitum.
She has set her messages off.  I've even tried "talk user at address tty".

Is this normal?  I'd assume that if a user doesn't want messages,
it would say on the sender's machine.

Any comments would be most welcome.

Chris
--
          |  Chris Bovitz              |  Late to bed,              |
          |  moonunit at meteor.wisc.edu  |  Early to rise,            |