Sounds trivial, but it's not (I don't think)

Sean Fulton sean at utoday.UUCP
Mon Oct 1 22:01:07 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep29.024105.29939 at chinet.chi.il.us> les at chinet.chi.il.us (Leslie Mikesell) writes:

>However... You can get a version of kermit for almost everything these
>days although it is sometimes difficult to convince the administrator on
>the other end that it is worth the trouble to locate and install it. Having
>kermit at both ends makes this sort of thing trivial (as long as at least
>one end handles scripts).

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the system on the other end
is Atex, a dying mainframe publishing system whose installers seem to
think it a priviledge for us to be able to dialup at all. The
~$command idea, however, works! Thanks again.

Sean Fulton					sean at utoday.com
UNIX Today!					(516) 562-5430
 /* The opinions expressed above are not those of my employer */