ksh 11/16/88e now available in AT&T Toolchest

Jay Maynard jmaynard at thesis1.hsch.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 3 02:02:23 AEST 1990

In article <TOWFIQ.90Oct2112703 at lcxserver.InterLan.COM> towfiq at interlan.Interlan.COM (Mark Towfiq) writes:
>	2) The ksh is a miserable piece of junk, when compared to the
>	GNU superset shell, BASH (which supports ksh-like vi-type
>	editing, and built-in help, among other things).  GNU is free,
>	with modifiable source; ksh costs $150.

OK...so it's not OK to blatantly advertise commercial products, but it's OK to
blatantly advertise the soi-disant Free Software Foundation's products. I get
it now.

GNU stuff is *not* free. It costs something other than money, though: it costs
your freedom to do as you like with your code if you include even a line of
their code. $150 sure sounds cheap by comparison.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jmaynard at thesis1.hsch.utexas.edu  | adequately be explained by stupidity.