ksh 11/16/88e now available in AT&T Toolchest

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Thu Oct 4 12:18:02 AEST 1990

In article <MWM.90Oct2145651 at raven.pa.dec.com> mwm at raven.pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) writes:

| Just out of curiosity, when did AT&T start allowing people to freely
| redistribute their code if it's part of a derived work?

  V6, I believe. You can compile stuff with their compiler, link it with
their linker, and link in their library, and sell the resulting
executable without giving away source.

  Don't use bison or the (still in beta) FSF library if you want to keep
your code to yourself.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX