ksh 11/16/88e now available in AT&T Toolchest

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Oct 8 11:25:07 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct6.013540.8293 at tree.uucp> @tree.uucp (Chris Gonnerman) writes:
| In a very well stated article <2020 at sixhub.UUCP>, davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
| (Wm E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
| >   Don't use bison or the (still in beta) FSF library if you want to keep
| > your code to yourself.
| > --
| > bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
|
| Exactly.  This is pure foolishness on the part of FSF... I might use their
| stuff if it didn't bind quite so tight.  IMHO, a compiler-designer cuts his or
| her own throat when the compiled code is considered covered by copyright.

  WHoops! I think you read more into that than I said, or at least meant
to say. Code compiled with the gcc or gc++ compilers is *not*
compyright, and I hope I didn't mislead you into thinking it is, because
you get hate mail from the defenders of the true faith. Jihad is alive
in the USA!

  If you (a) compiler with BISON using *FSF* skeleton, then parts of it
are in the output C source, and you are covered by the GPV. If you link
a program with the FSF library (not available to the public yet, as far
as I know), your program is contam... uh, covered by the GPV.

  Otherwise not. It is *bad*, but it's not *horible*, although someone
told me that the GPL is being rewritten. It may get worse, but for now
what I said was *all* I meant. You can compile with gcc or edit with
emacs with impunity and 8MB of free user memory.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX