ksh 11/16/88e now available in AT&T Toolchest

Richard L. Goerwitz goer at quads.uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 4 15:45:21 AEST 1990

Jmaynard at thesis1.hsch.utexas.edu (Jay Maynard) writes:

>The FSF is saying, "Reuse code! Pass it around! Improve on it! ..Oh,
>by the way, we can control what you do with it if you do." Sneaky, despicable,
>and underhanded.

While some might have a legitimate disagreement with the FSF's philosophy,
it's hard to take an argument seriously when it descends into hyperbole.
The GNU license is plastered all over their software, and in fact they make
no attempt at being sneaky about things.  Despicable?  Underhanded?  This
is getting to be a bit much.

I'll take a "sneaky, underhanded, despicable" outfit that gives me free and
high-quality products over one that expects me to remain willingly ignorant
of the ingredients inside those products any day.

-Richard