public domain ksh sources - where ?

Ozan Yigit oz at yunexus.yorku.ca
Thu Apr 11 01:52:14 AEST 1991

In article <2797 at sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au> john at chook.ua.oz
(John Warburton) writes:

>So, from this I would assume that it is in the public domain...
>So, is it possible to get it straight from AT&T on the Internet??

The assumption does not follow. The ToolChest is a service through which
AT&T can distribute software that they may or may not wish to support, and
everything in it has a price [but usually not large], and the source is
available.

Ksh is now being bundled with various systems, for example ULTRIX.
I would not be surprised to see it in the next release of SunOS as well.

The public domain ksh (originally by Erik Gisin) is a subset of ksh,
something like a minimalist version. By and large, it works.

oz
---
Ps: If you need the toolchest description of ksh, drop me a line.
---
We only know ... what we know, and    | Internet: oz at nexus.yorku.ca
that is very little. -- Dan Rather    | UUCP: utzoo/utai!yunexus!oz