restricted shell sought

Gary Mills mills at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Fri Apr 26 00:14:16 AEST 1991

In <29183 at fs1.NISC.SRI.COM> cwilson at NISC.SRI.COM (Chan Wilson [Animal]) writes:

>haven`t been able to find any mention of any type of restricted shell
>for non-SYSV machines.  Basically what i'm looking for is a shell that

You may already have one.  Try your Bourne shell with the ``-r'' flag.
You might also try invoking it with the name ``rsh'' or ``resh''.  I tried
the ``-r'' flag under SunOS 4.1, and it worked, but only partially.  If
I remember correctly, it applied the restriction before /profile and
.profile were interpreted, instead of afterwards.
--
-Gary Mills-         -Networking Group-          -U of M Computer Services-