tcsh source without csh source license

Tim Ramsey tar at math.ksu.edu
Fri Apr 5 08:32:38 AEST 1991

I wrote:

[ ... ]

>ftp to wuarchive.wustl.edu.  Look in /unix/4.3bsd-reno/bin/csh/Makefile/*
>The sources are in there.  If the sources there are covered by ATT copyright
>they should, of course, be removed from public access.

>I used these sources, together with the files I downloaded from
>ee.cornell.edu in /pub/tcsh-5.20/tcsh.reno-5.20.02.tar.Z to build a real,
>live, working tcsh on my sourceless Sun-3s and Sun-4s.  Really.  :-)

... guess what?   The tcsh sources that were on wuarchive (which they got
from uunet) *are* ATT-tainted.  So they are covered by ATT copyright, and
are not available for FTP anymore.  :(

Sorry, I misunderstood what the copyright messages in the headers meant.
There is a difference between "freely redistributable" and "the Berkeley
Software License Agreement specifies the terms and conditions for
redistribution."

If you downloaded the sources, you should remove them.

Tim
--
Tim Ramsey/system administrator/tar at math.ksu.edu/(913) 532-6750/2-7004 (FAX)
Department of Mathematics, Kansas State University, Manhattan KS 66506-2602