rsh guru req'd!

Tony J Yeates yeates at motcid.UUCP
Fri Apr 19 07:35:58 AEST 1991

The rsh man page includes the following line:-
"The current local environment is not passed  to  the  remote shell."

Does anybody know a good way to get around this (ie export
your current environment to rsh).  This seems to be a
severe restriction.

[The problem I have is that when I rsh scripts (which I do not own)
they fail, because some of the commands that they use cannot
be found (doing "rsh silicon echo '$PATH'" reveals my path is
severely truncated...":/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/bin").]

[Please email replies if pos.]