Is my shell broken or what?

Alan Barclay alan at ukpoit.co.uk
Sat Jun 22 01:30:58 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun19.095601.24906 at prl.dec.com> boyd at prl.dec.com (Boyd Roberts) writes:
>In article <3528 at unisoft.UUCP>, greywolf at unisoft.UUCP (The Grey Wolf) writes:
>>
>> Is rc publicly available?  I seem to remember seeing it fly around...
>
>Yes, it was posted to comp.sources.misc in May.  It's the Tom Duff
>Plan 9 shell written by Byron Rakitzis <byron at archone.tamu.edu>.
>
>You'll need an ANSI compiler, but it compiles and works fine.
>I have it going on my 3max and VAXen at PRL.  It's small and
>it's fast and the code _can be understood by one person_.

Just in case anyone is interested, I backed it to K&R without very much
effort, the only major problem was with the variable arguments stuff
and even that was only a hour or so's work.

--
  Alan Barclay
  iT                                |        E-mail : alan at ukpoit.uucp
  Barker Lane                       |        BANG-STYLE : .....!ukc!ukpoit!alan
  CHESTERFIELD S40 1DY              |        VOICE : +44 246 214241