Stupid question...

ljcummings at poppy.uwaterloo.ca ljcummings at poppy.uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 28 08:56:30 AEST 1991

   Hi! This is a stupid question I know.. but somehow I've created a file
called !* in my bin directory.  How do I get rid of it?

I've tried placing it in quotes (single and double) and mv'ing it to a
new filename.. nothing seems to work.

======

Script started on Mon May 27 18:49:41 1991
@@_temp: Command not found.
_temp: Undefined variable.
% pwd
% ls -l
total 3
-rw-------  1 ljcummings           0 Apr 16 15:31 !*
-rwx------  1 ljcummings         142 Apr 16 15:30 arm
-rw-------  1 ljcummings        1060 Apr 24 15:17 longrun.c
-rw-------  1 ljcummings           0 May 27 18:49 test
% rm !*
rm -l
rm: unknown option letter 'l'
% rm '!*'
rm '-l'
rm: unknown option letter 'l'
% rm "!*"
rm "'-l'"
rm: '-l': No such file or directory
% mv !* filename
mv "'-l'" filename
mv: '-l': Cannot access: No such file or directory
% mv '!*' filename
mv '"'-l'" filename' filename
mv: "-l" filename: Cannot access: No such file or directory
% mv "!*" filename
mv "'"'-l'" filename' filename" filename
mv: '-l filename' filename: Cannot access: No such file or directory
% exit
%
script done on Mon May 27 18:51:25 1991

   I don't normally read this group, so e-mail will be preferred, (though
  I'll check here anyways.).  Thanks muchly!
   James cummings
   ljcummings at poppy.waterloo.edu