Problem with time

Richard Ducoty duc at mport.COM
Fri Nov 9 05:05:46 AEST 1990

>In article <678 at seer.UUCP> fred at seer.uucp (Glen Collins) writes:

>>I am running microport V/AT v2.4 and I'm having a problem with Smail and
>>uucp. When uucp and Smail are run from cron(uucp) it thinks that i'm on
>>the east coast (time wise). Is this a problem with my enviroment when
>>cron runs it or is the problem with cron or what? I would like accurate
>>logs of all transfers. When I do run uucp/uucico manually the time
>>is correct. Have any others had this problem.

====================================

What is your TZ environment variable set to?

try:  echo $TZ

it should say something like:
				PST8PDT

You can set TZ in the /etc/profile file if it needs to be changed
this works for sh and ksh .   I'm not very familiar with csh - would
you put it in the .login file?

		Richard Ducoty

Richard Ducoty		         (*)(*)				duc at mport.COM
Microport Inc.		            \				uunet!mport!duc
voice=> (408) 438-8649	            <	 		  fax=> (408) 438-7560