UHC Migration Offer

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Wed Dec 12 15:10:37 AEST 1990

In article <786 at dptspd.sat.datapoint.com> tas at dptspd.sat.datapoint.com (Tom Stewart) writes:

| The stuff I've tried (latest and greatest) still doesn't work on fast
| cpu's.  33Mhz Acers and 486/25Mhz Alrs machine have all had numerous panics.
| If you slow the CPU down below 25mhz (386) all the SVR4 ports (AT&T, UHC,
| Microport) that I've tried seem to work ok.

  We saw this problem, too, and it went away...

| If anybody has seen a fix to this problem, PLeeeezzzee let me know.

  When the disk controller was upgraded. With a controller which has
correct timing at least the Dell runs in a 33MHz 486. Runs, hell, flies.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX