UHC Migration Offer

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Fri Dec 14 23:01:09 AEST 1990

cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:

>I had UHC's SVR4 running on a 33MHZ 386 with 8MB of memory for more than
>two weeks with no problems/panics.  Later I realized that my real work
>workstation was only 25mhz, so we switched motherboards around in three
>machines so that we ended up with a 20MHZ system for UHC SVR4.

>No problems since the switch either.

I've recently been hearing horror stories about Intel release 4.0
panics and dumping on 33 mhz 486 machine with the machine just
sitting there with TCP/IP installed.  Without TCP/IP, the machine
would run for a couple of days before dumping..

The boot disk marked
Adaptec 15X2 wouldn't boot on an Adaptec - but would boot on a Bustek.

  {larry at nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar at mailrus.cc.umich.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)