UHC Migration Offer

James Van Artsdalen james at bigtex.cactus.org
Sat Dec 15 09:56:59 AEST 1990

In <22 at mport.COM>, duc at mport.COM (Richard Ducoty) wrote:

| The stuff I've tried (latest and greatest) still doesn't work on fast
| cpu's.  33Mhz Acers and 486/25Mhz Alrs machine have all had numerous panics.
| If you slow the CPU down below 25mhz (386) all the SVR4 ports (AT&T, UHC,
| Microport) that I've tried seem to work ok.

| If anybody has seen a fix to this problem, PLeeeezzzee let me know.

> Microport hasn't had ANY problem running SVR4 on high speed
> machines; 25MHz 486 EISA, 33MHz 386 with/without Cyrix 33MHz math
> coprocessor.

The current rumor is that it's only SCSI controllers, maybe adaptec,
maybe the device driver, that doesn't work right if the 486 runs at
33MHz.  I have not tested this configuration myself.

I know for fact that at least our SysVr4 works at 33MHz just fine with
ESDI - I run my work machine at that speed most of the time.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen          james at bigtex.cactus.org   "Live Free or Die"
Dell Computer Co    9505 Arboretum Blvd Austin TX 78759         512-338-8789