Unix release 4.0

Tim Wright tim at delluk.uucp
Mon Dec 10 21:17:28 AEST 1990

In <2492 at sixhub.UUCP> davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (Wm E. Davidsen Jr) writes:

>In article <90.331.15:45:11 at ipkima.hanse.de> wiljo at ipkima.hanse.de (Wiljo Heinen) writes:

>| >Will FAS work under SysV rel 4.0?
>|
>| No ! I tried it and it didn't . (Maybe it says even so in the docs ?)
>| I will take a look at it and try to modify it (maybe next weekend ?).
>|
>| Has someone already changed it for Sys V.4 ??? If so, I could spare my
>| time.

>  Well, one of the Dell guys said they tried it under an early beta
>version and it worked. Don't know what's changed, but I suspect it will
>work nicely.

I don't think so. A while back, somebody asked and I said I was going to try
hacking it at some point. I haven't done so yet. From what I can deduce so
far it's going to be a question of removing the "line-discipline" type code
from FAS and hooking it in as a Hardware Driver only with streams connections
to the ldterm module. I'm still waiting for my nice manual set. If I get a
chance you may hear more after Xmas !

Tim
--
Tim Wright, Dell Computer Corp. (UK) | Email address
Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1RW       | Domain: tim at dell.co.uk
Tel: +44-344-860456                  | Uucp: ...!ukc!delluk!tim
"What's the problem? You've got an IQ of six thousand, haven't you?"