SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Thu Dec 13 06:23:18 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec9.143700.9682 at pegasus.com> richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:
>>	You're waiting for SVR4, it'll be a MAJOR change from what you're
>>	used to and there is ALOT of new things to learn for system admin's
>>	and advanced users. If you think sysadmsh was "fun", wait till you
>>	see R4's equiv! Filesystem reorganization will be another fun change!
>
>Symlinks make the reorganization a non-issue.
>
>--
>Richard Foulk		richard at pegasus.com

	Ummm, must be a definition of non-issue I've never heard before...

	I still have some nightmares of SunOS systems with the symlinks
	from hell... The file reorganization will break many a code
	that assumes the classic /,/bin,/etc,/usr/bin,/usr/lib,/usr/spool
	configuration. Making 1,000 symlinks will make things worse
	not better...

		-Rob