QIC-nn tape formats -- standardization???

Ken Lerman lerman at stpstn.UUCP
Sat Dec 29 02:38:16 AEST 1990

In article <2778D4B0.39B9 at telly.on.ca> evan at telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
.   than their Wanktek counterparts, and are also porrly documented. Two
.   people I know who bought Archive SCSI tapes were not even given
.   instructions on how to set the drives' SCSI address or where the
.   terminating resistors are! (Yes, usually these things seem obvious,
.   but I don't like assuming how to do the setup in lieu of real docs.)
.
.--
.  Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
.       evan at telly.on.ca / uunet!attcan!telly!evan / (416) 452-0504
.In PEI they don't allow abortions, yet they're building one - the GST centre

I'm a third person who got my Archive SCSI tape without documentation.
When I buy a product like that at what appears to be a very good
price, I assume that the reason it has no documentation is because
some OEM bought a bunch of them to ostensibly incorporate them into
products and is reselling them to end users.  An OEM doesn't have any
use for hundreds of copies of the same documentation so the products
are shipped without them.

Aside from some initial trepidation when I realized what I had bought,
I've been very happy with the tape drive.

Ken