SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.isc.com
Wed Dec 12 19:50:44 AEST 1990

jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F Haugh II) writes:
> Many of the features in the C2/B1 area are highly desireable to
> commercial installations...

hype.  I don't know of *any*thing in C2/B1, that's not in "traditional"
UNIX, that commercial installations would want, let alone need.

>...MAC alone would make many managers
> feel better knowing that the level "employee" is dominated by
> the level "manager" and that their personnel files are safer.

off the wall.  How many managers have you got, and how many employees?  You
want to make 10% of your people feel better at the expense of 90%?  A
manager stupid enough to keep personnel files unencrypted on a machine
accessible to employees should be fired without hesitation; bag the C2.

If you're going to talk about who "feels better" you ought to look at both
sides.  If you want to know whether a cattle prod is a pain in the ass,
you'd better ask the owner of the ass as well as the owner of the prod.
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870
   ...Mr. Natural says, "Use the right tool for the job."