TCP/IP emulators for DOS

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Sun Dec 23 00:58:30 AEST 1990

dag at fciva.FRANKLIN.COM (Daniel A. Graifer) writes:

>Locus, at least at the 2.8.7 release we are using, uses their own udp/ip
>ethernet drivers.  These appear to be incompatible with other software.  We
>tried both PC/TCP from ftpSoftware and TCP/Connect (PC version) from Intercon
>with no success.  I don't know if NCSA telnet will work or not, but I would
>tend to doubt it.  Note that you don't generally need telnet if you're running
>PCI, as PCI comes with it's own terminal emulator.  If necessary use the
>PCI EM program to log onto your PCI host, then use the host's telnet to reach
>a non-PCI host.

>This was with Micom NI5210 ethernet cards.  We have a WD8003e, but we
>didn't try it.  If anybody has had better luck mixing either the commercial
>telnet packages above or NCSA with PC-Interface, please let me know.

We have WD8003e boards - and NSCA Telnet runs just fine along
with PCI.  We boot on a floppy, load PCI and run NSCA Telnet from
the C: drive which is actually on the unix file system running PCI.

The only problem that I have - is that function keys aren't correctly
working under telnet - but I assume that is simply handled in the
remapping (and I haven't had time to look into it)..
  {larry at nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)