SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Sat Dec 8 07:17:29 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec3.044437.21678 at ping.uucp> gorpong at ping.uucp (Gordon C. Galligher) writes:
>You have obviously not used Shell Layers.  If you use shell layers and create
>a sub-shell and then execute 'stty intr \^c' it kills the shell.  If you
>forget that '^' is a synonym for ';' in SH, and you execute 'stty intr ^c'
>it REBOOTS THE MACHINE!

	Shell: /bin/sh
	Machine: NEC Powermate 386/20 4M memory.
	OS: SCO UNIX 3.2v2.0

	I just did EXACTLY what Mr. Galligher suggested above and got
	nothing more than file not found because I didn't have a
	program called c in my path. I would say something in Mr.
	Galligher's setup is messed up, not shell layers or SCO UNIX per say.

	Maybe some more research should have been done before declaring
	SCO UNIX guilty... As an aside, I prefer POSIX job control
	under ksh88 to sh under shl but both work JUST FINE on my
	box.

	-Rob

Speaking for self, not company.