'386 Unix Wars

Robin Roberts robinro at bomber.ism.isc.com
Sat Dec 29 05:30:15 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec28.080341.8331 at turnkey.tcc.com> jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM (Jack F. Vogel) writes:
>In article <1990Dec27.191554.21098 at ism.isc.com> robinro at bomber.ism.isc.com (Robin Roberts) writes:
>
>>Have you considered IDE instead of ESDI? I put a 200meg IDE drive with 1272
>                                 ^^^^^^^^^^
>>Robin D. Roberts           | <This space closed for remodeling.  Watch for
>>Interactive Systems Corp.  |  a new witty quotation scheduled to open in
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>Egad, this guy works for ISC and yet advertises running the competitor's
>software! Is this bad press or what :-}! Naturally, I have an excuse, if
>turnkey were a 3090-600 of course I would ONLY be running AIX370 :-} :-}!!
>
>--
>Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
>AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
>Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM

Well Jack certainly had fun with me 8-).  Good shot as a matter of fact!

I do not run ESIX at Interactive.  My ESIX experiences predate my employment
at Interactive.  I was attempting to provide my assistance to the orig
poster about something I had previous experience with.

I did not intend and do not now to discuss the relative merits of ESIX vs.
Interactive products.  That would not be appropriate.  Suffice it to say that
I run Interactive products both at work and on my personal machine now.

I look forward in the future to learning which of Locus' competitors Jack
Vogel has previous experience with . 8-)
--
Robin D. Roberts           | <This space closed for remodeling.  Watch for
Interactive Systems Corp.  |  a new witty quotation scheduled to open in
Calabasas, Calif.          |  the Spring of 1991! >
Internet: robinro at ism.isc.com CompuServe: 72330,1244 GEnie: R.ROBERTS10