SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Fri Dec 7 06:45:23 AEST 1990

According to jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com (Jim Deitch):
>Or how about instead of silently truncating a file name > 14
>characters, giving you a nice big fat error in the middle of a make or
>something until you clear a flag?  Example:  Try compiling cnews and
>create the subst file for spacefor.  Blows up everytime!

Dispite my low general opinion of SCO UNIX, this feature I like.

I don't know about anyone else, but to me, if a shell executes the
command "cat foobarbazxyzzy >foobarbazxyzzy2" and, in the process,
silently truncates "foobarbazxyzzy", that's a bug.
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>
      "I'm really sorry I feel this need to insult some people..."