QIC-nn tape formats -- standardization???

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Mon Dec 31 07:46:04 AEST 1990

pdg at chinet.chi.il.us (Paul Guthrie) writes:

>In article <2778D4B0.39B9 at telly.on.ca> evan at telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
>>a) Does there exist anywhere, a 125MB or 150MB QIC tape drive (controller,
>>   and associated UNIX driver) that can *WRITE* 60MB tapes as weel as
>>   read them?
>Not that I have seen.  To solve this problem, we added an Archive
>2150ES (can write 125 and 150s, and read 60, 125 and 150s), to our
>existing Adaptec SCSI setup, and a Wangtek 60 megger (for ~$250) just
>for writing 60 and 45 Meg tapes for our software products.  The only
>nasty thing about this is that the Wangtek has its own controller,
>eating up a valuable slot.

I wonder if Interactive Unix would support multiple SCSI tape drives -
say a 2150S along with a 60 meg streamer - on one system using the
same 1542b controller?

  {larry at nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)