Microport SVR4 Offer

Tim Evans tkevans at fallst.UUCP
Thu Dec 20 14:44:32 AEST 1990

In <1990Dec18.233846.3379 at ico.isc.com> rcd at ico.isc.com (Dick Dunn) writes:

>Seriously, what's Microport doing about the 286?  Anything?  I certainly
>won't be critical of any company that's no longer interested in the 286,
>but it would be interesting to know if Microport has any plans to dust off
>old Microport's 286 AT product.

Why, they're *selling* that old product.  You can't tell from the sales
literature if this is the same old release 2.4 the old uPort released
TWO years ago, but there's no indication that it's not.  Price is $649
for the 2-user version and $898 for the unlimited version.

Amazing.

It does appear, that they're throwing in DOS-Merge for this price, but,
as I recall, this never worked anyway...
--
UUCP:		{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!woodb!fallst!tkevans
INTERNET:	tkevans%fallst at wb3ffv.ampr.org
Tim Evans	2201 Brookhaven Ct, Fallston, MD 21047