gnu gcc/g++/gdb for sco unix

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Tue Dec 11 21:47:39 AEST 1990

In article <DRMORRIS.90Dec10233201 at hal-2000.mit.edu> drmorris at athena.mit.edu (David R Morrison) writes:
>I assume it is an rcc bug.  This should be put in the SCO patches, if it
>isn't there already...

I didn't remember this until I saw the code.  I am fairly certain this is
because one of the pointers is a 'void*', and I don't believe that rcc likes
'void*'.

Either that, or the left-hand side of the ':?' expression was a type it
didn't like (possibly an enum?).  It's been a *long* time since I've
compiled gcc, so I don't remember completely.  Sorry...

I mostly used /bin/cc to compile gcc, and resorted to rcc a couple of times
when cc failed.  If you use rcc, remember to use define M_UNIX, M_COFF, and
M_I386 (i386 and unix should already be defined, and set to 1, but you may
want to stick them in there, just in case).

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."