gnu gcc/g++/gdb for sco unix

David R Morrison drmorris at athena.mit.edu
Tue Dec 11 16:32:01 AEST 1990

In article <18496 at netcom.UUCP> aed at netcom.UUCP (Andrew Davidson) writes:

   I have been trying to build gcc on sco unix for some time know. Chip gave me
   a set fof patches but I still have the same reacuring problem

   5% more err.lis7
	   rcc -c -g   -I. -I. -I./config fold-const.c
	   rcc -c -g   -I. -I. -I./config rtl.c
   *warnings*
   "rtl.c", line 679: illegal types in :
   *** Error code 1

   Stop.

   I would appriciate any ideas. (it is hard to debug someone elses code)

   thanks.

I had this exact problem last summer.  What fixed it:
(this is from memory, so check me)

	  XVEC (return_rtx, i) = (list_counter
				  ? rtvec_alloc (list_counter)
				  : NULL);
	  if (list_counter)
	     { XVEC (return_rtx, i) = rtvec_alloc (list_counter) }
	  else
	     { XVEC (return_rtx, i) = NULL}

I assume it is an rcc bug.  This should be put in the SCO patches, if it
isn't there already...

		Dave Morrison