CLOSED TCP connection in Interactiv

steve at cdp.UUCP steve at cdp.UUCP
Tue Dec 18 06:19:00 AEST 1990

re: getting CLOSED TCP connections in Interactive 2.2

Yes.  We have the same problem.  Spoke to an interactive tecnician
at a trade show, and he said it was a known bug (in the socket interface
implementation), and that there was no intention of issuing a patch
(this was 5 weeks ago).  It's a very serious bug -- so serious
that it has forced us into the decision of dropping the interactive
platform altogether (our organization depends on providing reliable
service over the internet).

Steve Fram
Technical Director
Institute for Global Communications