SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Sun Dec 2 20:35:56 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec1.225346.16828 at NCoast.ORG> allbery at ncoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR) writes:
>* grep --- why should I have to remember that, ouyt of all the System V
>  machines in the office, only the SCO Pseudnix machine uses "-y" to do case-
>  ignored searches?  All the others use "-i".

Your other complaints may be valid, but:

	kithrup 428$ echo "Hello" > /tmp/foo.$$
	kithrup 429$ grep -i hel /tmp/foo.$$
	Hello

This is 3.2v2, a much better implementation than 3.2.0 or ODT 1.0...

>None of those three are problems (modulo terminal hangs when an unsuspecting
>person who's heard of job control does "stty susp '^Z'" from csh, runs
>something, types "^Z" and hangs the tty).

Hmm.  Does sound as if you are not running 3.2v2.  Job control there works
rather nicely (although I occasionally find that my susp character has
disappeard; I don't have any way of reliably reproducing that, though, and I
suspect it's emacs).

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."