SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Warren D. Calhoun calhoun at usaos.uucp
Mon Dec 3 03:26:23 AEST 1990

In <1990Dec1.225346.16828 at NCoast.ORG> allbery at NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR) writes:

>* uucp --- everyone else is running HoneyDanber or at least SVR2 UUCP, which
>  gets 8-character UUCP names right.  SCO is still running V7 UUCP --- I admit
>  they have HDB-ized it, but it *still* doesn't transfer anything when I
>  "uucico -stelotech", I MUST say "uucico -stelotec" to make it work.  And yes,
>  both the actual machine name and the Systems file entry are "telotech" WITH
>  the "h".

Why does uucico -r1 -Ssystemxx (eight characters) work for me?  Granted, the
directory in /usr/spool/uucp is called systemx and the log file entries all
contain the name systemx, but the transfer works.
--
| SSG W.D. Calhoun                  |       UUCP: ...!uunet!usaos!calhoun    |
| Gas Turbine Engine (52F) Branch   |   INTERNET: calhoun%usaos at uunet.uu.net |