SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Aris Stathakis aris at tabbs.UUCP
Fri Dec 7 20:46:10 AEST 1990

In <275A9A50.3F3F at tct.uucp> chip at tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) writes:

>According to allbery at ncoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR):
>>Not this time; SCO Pseudnix is getting bashed by more people than just a few
>>Usenetters.  SCO will get a clue *or* the same thing will happen to them as
>>happened to IBM in the PC market:  they will be bought only by hard-cores
>>(like Chip is stuck with) while the rest of the market switches to something
>>else.

>An eloquent description of my current situation, and my expectations.

>Wake up, SCO, and smell the coffee.  We developers don't like SCO
>UNIX-flavored C2 Operating System.  When we are given the chance,
>we'll buy something else.  How long can you last without third-party
>development?

Ya, I don't like it either, but I can live with it.  If we like it or not,
we're going to have to live with a more secure UNIX.  End users will be
demanding it, and we'll have to provide it.  Maybe not now, but 2 years
down the line I think all UNIX systems will have a C2 or better
security rating.

Aris

--
 Aris Stathakis | Bang: ..!uunet!ddsw1!olsa99!tabbs!aris or aris at tabbs.UUCP